The Hobo’s Special
Despite the name, you don’t actually have to be a hobo to live here. You just have to be dedicated to saving money while living in an exciting alternative lifestyle!
More stats, blueprints and photos coming soon.
Basic Model Includes:
- 8x13 footprint
- Compost toilet (bucket system)
- Single sink (bucket above and below system)
- Sleeping loft with ladder
- 250 Watt solar panel, battery, charger, inverter & outlet
- Overhead light and loft light.
- Kitchen counter with shelves.
- Ice chest / insulated cooler.
- 3 windows and locking door.
Deluxe Model also includes:
- Upgraded finish & surfaces
- Two more windows, one skylight
- 1000 Watt solar system
- Propane, propane plumbing
- Refrigerator (Dual Electricity/Propane)
- Water hookup & plumbing. Greywater drain.
The Hobo Special is a no-frills living space for one frugal person. It is wired for a light and outlet (with RV hookup and barebones PV solar system) and has a kitchen counter with a bucket system plumbing (ie: none). A ladder will take you to a loft/bed upstairs. To save on costs, the basic model has an unfinished (bare studs) interior, ready for you to complete as you see fit.
The deluxe model features a tiny kitchen (sink, stove, fridge) with real gas and water plumbing, a solar power setup wired with PV panels, battery & charging system, inverter, overhead lights, and outlets, and a finished, insulated interior.
Estimated Cost of Hobo Shack: $9,999
Deluxe Model: $19,999